The training programme is designed to meet the training requirements of Cardiff Early Help Staff as well as wider working partners involved in early intervention services. Detailed below are the conditions to attending any of the courses in the training programme along with the booking information.
This training programme is available to all Cardiff Early Help staff and Families First working partners. Where additional spaces are available, training will be offered to all wider working partners both internal and external to Cardiff Council.
- The Workforce Development Staff Training Booking Form must be completed in full and returned to email@example.com All requested information must be supplied at the point of booking.
- Once a booking form has been received, Workforce Development will email attendees to confirm if their request has been confirmed, rejected (with a reason for this) or if the course is fully booked a space will be offered on the reserve list.
- Cardiff Workforce Development will contact the relevant staff member if and when spaces become available.
- Please note that there may be restrictions set for the numbers of bookings available per team per course.
- Spaces will be offered on a first come, first served basis and failure to follow the booking process correctly may result in your booking being delayed or rejected.
- It is the staff members or their line managers responsibility to ensure they email firstname.lastname@example.org with at least one working week notice if they are unable to attend a course.
- We can substitute staff members on courses up to the day before a course starts. This does not apply to courses where there is a requirement to complete pre course work prior to attendance.
- You can transfer a booking to a later course if available, providing that you give at least one working week notice before the course starts. To transfer a booking please contact email@example.com
- Workforce Development and their training partners reserve the right to deny access to delegates where the correct booking process has not been followed and confirmation emails have not been received.
Code of Conduct for Learners
- All courses will need to be requested by completing the Workforce Development Staff Training Booking Form in full and returning this to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All training will be evaluated and if required Workforce Development will follow up any concerns and queries. It is your responsibility to complete the evaluation form and provide honest feedback.
- On completion of training, attendees will be expected to provide feedback to their line manager and, if required, also disseminate information to other team members.
- It is the responsibility of ALL staff to ensure that Workforce Development are updated with changes to contact information including email addresses and mobile numbers.
- Workforce Development will inform line managers of all non-attendance at training events. It is the manager’s responsibility to ensure that this is addressed formally with the member of staff and to provide a reason to Workforce Development so that it can be tracked for reporting purposes.
- For cases of repeated non-attendance, Workforce Development reserve the right to reject any future booking requests.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you do have a confirmed space before attending a course, failure to do so will result in you being turned away.
- Any requests to attend training outside of normal working hours will need to be agreed with line managers prior to booking.
- For online training courses it is the attendee’s responsibility to ensure that they have appropriate ICT equipment and are comfortable using ICT training software such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams prior to course spaces being requested and booked. Workforce Development are unable to offer on the day ICT support.
- It is the attendee’s responsibility to ensure that they have received joining links and any pre course handouts. If links have not been received, it is the attendees responsibility to contact email@example.com the day before at the very latest to allow Workforce Development time to chase up this up and get links resent in ample time.