The training programme is designed to meet the requirements for the National Minimum Standards. It is also designed to support Continuous Professional Development (CPD). The programme is compiled around the results of a yearly Training Needs Analysis (TNA). This programme is funded by Cardiff Flying Start. Detailed below are the conditions to attending any of the courses in the training programme along with the booking information.
This training is available to all childcare workers in the non-maintained childcare sector, currently working at a setting within the Cardiff area and can include volunteers and non-registered providers in early years and childcare settings. It is advisable for all registered childcare settings to be members of umbrella organisations as other training and benefits would then be available.
Responsibility of the Childcare Setting
- The line manager allocated to book the training places must ensure that they only book for staff allocated to their childcare setting.
- Attendees must adhere to our Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in the individual not being able to attend future courses.
- Training courses may be added to the programme throughout the year. Please make sure you check all correspondence from Cardiff Workforce Development regularly for details and updates. You can request to be added to our mailing list by emailing us at email@example.com
- Please ensure that details provided are correct and up-to-date, all correspondence will be sent via email to the email address provided at the point of booking.
- If you need to substitute an attendee on a course, this must be completed within 24 hours before the course start date and time. Line managers can substitute members of staff booked onto a course by contacting Cardiff Workforce Development. Failure to substitute members of staff before a course could result in refusal of entry to our site and also the training course.
- Individuals who are not on the attendance list will be refused entry at the training.
- It is the responsibility of the attendee to read and fully understand the Health and Safety guidelines in the training rooms.
- It is the line manager’s responsibility to inform Cardiff Workforce Development prior to the course running if any attendees require additional support in order to successfully complete the course.
- All bookings must be made by contacting Cardiff Workforce Development via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes can only be made by the Workforce Development Team, please contact a member of the team if you need assistance.
- Please note that there may be restrictions set for the numbers of bookings available per setting per course.
- Reserve lists will be held at the point of request if the course is full. Cardiff Workforce Development will contact the relevant settings if and when spaces become available.
- All places must be paid for in advance of the course running via debit/credit card telephone payment.
- Local Authority childcare settings will need to supply the details of their cost codes at the point of sale in order to proceed for payment via journal transfer. Records of these transactions should be kept by the childcare setting.
- Confirmation of the booking will be sent to the email address provided at point of booking confirmation. A receipt will also be issued from the Capita Payment Portal which should be kept by the setting for financial records.
- Refunds will only be issued if a place is cancelled with at least seven days’ notice before the course commences. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- For confirmed cases of Covid 19, a refund or transfer of space will only be offered upon receipt of an official notification of a positive result from the Gov.UK reporting site.
- Settings can substitute staff members on courses up to the day before a course starts.
- You can transfer a booking to a later course, providing that you give at least seven days notice before the course starts. To transfer a booking please contact the Workforce Development team.
- For Flying Start settings who do not follow the cancellation policy detailed above, or where there are instances of non-attendance from Flying Start childcare staff, as per terms of the Flying Start Service Specification the setting will be charged the standard course attendance fee. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- If Workforce Development cancel a course for any reason, refunds will be provided.
- Workforce Development and their training partners reserve the right to deny access to delegates where payment has not been received prior to training.
Code of Conduct for Learners
- Workforce Development aim to deliver high standards of quality training that will guide, inspire and support all course participants.
- Our aim is to create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and mutual support and respect between centre staff, trainers and attendees in order to maximise the individual’s learning experiences and outcomes.
- All trainers and learners are encouraged to listen to and consider each other’s points of view. Please remember the trainer is an expert in their particular field and therefore we ask that you respect this. However, your views and experiences are important and positive participation is encouraged.
- We also ask that you make yourself aware of health and safety, by being aware of facilities and emergency procedures.
- We ask for the cooperation of all participants to abide by our Code of Conduct to ensure that the training event is undertaken successfully within a safe and secure environment. Failure to abide by this may result in exclusion from future training courses.
- Please complete our course evaluation forms at the end of the training session. We welcome any feedback you may have to enable us to develop and improve our service further.
- Please talk to the trainer if you feel you could benefit from essential skills support. The trainer will discuss all options of support available to you in a confidential manner.
- Please do not use your mobile phones during the training. If you are expecting an urgent call, please advise the trainer at the start of the session.