Cardiff Parenting 0-18
Who is it for?
Cardiff Parenting 0-18 is for any family with a child or young person aged 0-18 living in Cardiff. You could be a parent, a step-parent, a carer or a family member looking after a child. The adult or the child must live in Cardiff and may or may not have other, additional needs.
Through parenting positively, parents can help develop a more calm and peaceful household, with fewer arguments and conflicts. Research tell us that children who grow up with positive parenting are more likely to:
• Do better at school
• Have better relationships with family members and friends
• Have higher self-esteem and confidence
• Have fewer behavioural issues
• Be able to manage their emotions better
How much does it cost?
Cardiff Parenting 0-18 is fully funded. There is no additional cost to parents or carers.
Where will I have to go and when?
Cardiff Parenting 0-18 will work with your family individually or in a group with other families. Some programmes can work with you individually in your home or in a local meeting place. Groups are run across Cardiff in venues such as schools and hubs. Our team work to ensure these are inviting and welcoming environments, which are accessible to all. Our team are happy to work in schools and community venues in your area. Groups usually run during term-time. If you have any concerns about being able to access a venue, please talk to Cardiff Parenting 0-18. We are happy to make adjustments to meet your access needs.
Who will be there?
All our group programmes are led by members of Cardiff Parenting0-18 who are fully trained in all the programmes we deliver and experienced in working with parents, children and young people.. Within groups there will be other parents/carers. For one group (Strengthening Families), young people attend as well. If our team are working with you individually in your home or in a community setting, you will be working with one or two members of our team.
Are there refreshments?
Yes, we provide drinks & healthy snacks.
Are there crèche/play facilities for my younger children?
Wherever possible, we provide an on-site crèche for children under the age of 8. These are staffed by qualified staff and are also fully funded (no cost to you). Please make sure you contact us in advance to reserve your place. If you have a baby attending the crèche and you would like to breastfeed during the group, we can support you.
Cardiff Parenting 0-18 are currently able to offer families:
- GroBrain (a group for expectant parents or parents with an infant up to 12 months)
- Parent Nurturing Programme (a group for parents of children aged 18 months – 12 years)
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Program (a group for parents of teenagers)
- Strengthening Families Programme 10-14 (a group for parents and young people aged 10-14 years)
- Parents First (a psychology led service for parents of children aged 0-18 delivered on an individual basis)
To work with us, please call Cardiff Family Gateway on 03000 133 133